Hello again, lovely people!
Today I am going to go through the personal contents of my makeup bag, which I have been wanting to do for quite some time now. I feel like most of the bits and bobs that I carry everywhere with me are my holy grail products, so I wanted to share them with you all. (just wanted to say, this has deleted itself TWICE before, so hopefully this time we’ll be lucky!)
Starting off with my makeup bag. It’s from MAC, and I’ve had it for quite a long time. I love it because it’s quite big so it stores all of the products that I want to take around with me, and it’s sturdy and strong. The only thing that annoys me about this bag is that it’s black, so any spillages or powder escapades are very obvious. So I’m sorry if it looks a bit grubby, but a few weeks ago my old Rimmel Stay Matte cracked and exploded and I’m still struggling to get rid of the marks 😉
Now onto the actual products that I carry around with me.
- Firstly, I’ve always got some tissues in there. For me, tissues are an absolute essential for wherever I’m going. I use them particularly when it’s warm or humid, to blot any oil break outs, or too remove any patchy foundation. The ones in the picture are from Primark, I think, and they’ve got little handbags and shoes on!
- Next up – a compact mirror. Mine’s Ted Baker, with a florally pattern which is really cute. I just always carry this with me, so I can check that I don’t have panda eyes/lipstick on my chin and that pesky spots are still covered.
- The final non-makeup product is a perfume. There is never one scent that’ll forever be a staple in my makeup bag, but right now the one that’s in there is Diesel Fuel for Life which has quite a sophisticated smell which I love.
For actual makeup… I think I’ve gone overboard.
- To start with, I’ve got some brushes – the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (which I use for all over powder or foundation) and the Real Techniques Contour Brush (which I use for touching up on my concealer and setting under the eyes). I use these brushes on an everyday basis – they’re great quality and multi-purposeful which I love.
- Then I’ve got 2 little primers, the Porefessional from Benefit and Smashbox Foundation Finish. I just keep these in because I have a really oily nose in the summer and quite often my foundation will just fully remove itself from that area.. Or, my foundation will stay put but I’ll feel greasy around there. So I carry around two primers, to reapply during the day if I need to.
- The foundation/BB cream that I carry depends on what it is I’m wearing that day. Recently, (I promise I’ll stop talking about this soon!) I’ve been carrying the Rimmel 9-in1 BB cream with me. I rarely reapply, but there’s always times when I get soaked by the rain and then have to go and visit a friend or whatever, so it’s comforting to know that I’ve got something just in case!
- Next, concealer – I can’t leave the house without at least carrying one concealer, whether I’m having a bad skin day or not. At the moment I’m carrying 2 – the Lasting Perfection Concealer from Collection and MUA Cover and Conceal. The Collection one is amazing for covering up any blemishes and the MUA one is good for under the eyes or on dry patches. Recently I’ve had quite a few spots on my chin which I got self-conscious about, so these concealers have been saviours for me (and also for members of the public who may have seen me on bad skin days!).
- Obviously I’m going to have my trusty ol’ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder with me because I’m never without it! I just hope it doesn’t crack again because the product inside is kind of delicate in the sense that it breaks really easily. But anyway, I always need to powder my forehead and T-zone throughout the day so this is a staple in my makeup bag!
- Then I’ve got some eyeshadows. I’ve just got 2 of my current favourites – the MUA Shimmer Highlighter which I included in a dupes post a while ago, and also my Barbra Daly Long Wear Eyeshadow in the shade Shimmer Sand, which is in the form of a pen which I really love. I’ll be doing a review on this soon so keep an eye out for that.
- I’ve also got some eyeliners with me, just because I like to reapply this. I’ve got a brown one and a black one – a Rimmel Soft Kohl in the shade 011 Sable Brown and the MUA Intense Colour in black.
- I’ve been enjoying having more filled in brows recently, seeing as that is more on trend than sparse ones, so I’ve been carrying my MUA Brow Pencil in the shade Brunette around with me so that I can touch up if I need to. It’s just nice knowing I’ve always got it with me!
- Mascaras – I carry 3, why I really don’t know! I’ve got 2 sample sizes – one of the Body Shop Super Volume and one of Smashbox Full Exposure, both of which are very natural on the lashes. I’ve then got a full size of a Seventeen Mascara in case I want to go for a slightly more heavy eye look.
- Finally, (we’re nearly there now, I promise!) my lip products. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that I’m a lipstick addict and I can’t just carry one product around! I’ve got my Bourjois Colour Boost, an MUA sheer finish lipgloss, a Natural Collection gloss and a Kate Moss lippie from Rimmel.
That’s it! That’s everything that’s in my makeup bag. I hope you liked the post.
What’s in your makeup bag? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. If you want to be chosen as my Blogger of the Month next favourites time, please comment below and let me know!