A few days ago I received a comment by Coleen from Lipstick and L’attitude (please head over there and show her some love!) telling me that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is a chain that is shared from blog-to-blog. It allows small blogs to get more recognised and bloggers to get to know each other better. At first I wasn’t going to do it, but in the end I thought that it could really benefit my little corner of the internet. I’ve decided to slip this on at the end of the week before I start getting into my posting routine (check out my About tab to find out about that!) So, this is my Leibster Award post… Enjoy!
The rules for the chain are:
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you;
- Create your own 11 questions to ask others;
- Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 1,100 followers and let them know by linking to your post.
Firstly, here are my answers to the questions that were set for me:
1. What is one beauty or fashion piece that you can’t live without?
For me, I just can’t live without concealer. That stuff is my saviour, because I’m so self-conscious about my dark under-eye circles.
2. What is the best advice that anyone has ever given you?
The best advice that I’ve been given was from my mum, and it was to ‘be competitive within yourself and not with others’. It’s so easy to get down on yourself when you look at other people that are just so much better at everything else than you seem to be, and always get more compliments than you, or whatever. But from that advice, I always challenge myself to be better than I am instead of better than the girl next to me.
3. What is your favourite book?
I’m a complete book worm and I love reading, so choosing my favourite book was kind of tricky. Anyway, I’ve come out with two (is that cheating?). First is a classic – The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I just love this book for when I’ve had a bad day and I want a pick me up, because it’s so light hearted. My other favourite is the Hunger Games, which I read in just one day because I love it so much! It’s really tense with a bit of romance at the same time, and I would recommend it to anybody who wants a gripping read.
4. What is the first word that comes to mind when you hear ‘Canada’?
Leaf. You know, the leaf that’s on the flag. That’s the first word!
5. What 3 makeup items would you need if you were stranded on an island?
I would have to have concealer, because as I said before, that’s my saviour! I could also use it for foundation or whatever if I was having a bad day. I’d have to have some kind of mascara too, because I feel like my eyes look naked without it. And lastly, a lipbalm or lipstick that was really moisturising and had a HIGH SPF!! Although, if I was on a desert island I don’t think I’d care what state I looked like, so I think I’d trade the makeup for extra food. 🙂
6. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A cat, because I’d love to be able to be more adventurous.
7. What is your favourite colour?
I can’t choose between turquoise and peach. I love them both – turquoise for jewellery and home accessories and peach for lips and nails.
8. What subject was your worst in school?
Definitely physics – it just didn’t click for me and I thought it was so boring!
9. What is your dream job?
I have two very different job dreams – one is to be a doctor, because I really love science and interesting things like that. And the other is to be on YouTube, and to do my blog for a living. I’m not too sure what path to go down, right now writing my blog is just a hobby… But who knows?
10. What time of day do you like best?
I love lunch/early afternoon times of the day, because that’s when the sun’s at it’s best and typically when it’s most warm.
11. For how long have you been blogging?
I’m still fairly new to the blogging community as I have been at it for nearly two months! I started on the 15th of June this year and my first post was Beginner’s Guide to Beauty.
Now it’s time for me to nominate some of the blogs that I love to read!
The questions that I’d love those bloggers to answer:
- Necklaces or bracelets – forever?
- Name a product that you have more than 3 of.
- Do you like sweet or savoury food?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What do you spend more on – lipstick or foundation?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What’s one colour that you would never wear?
- Would you rather never wear face products or never wear eye products?
- Only shampoo or only conditioner?
- Name a summer staple of yours for this year.
- Do you have a post that you aspire to write in the future?
That’s it from me for now! Good luck to everyone that I’ve nominated, and happy blogging!