Hi again lovelies!
I’m writing this post to yes, to answer some questions from an award, but also to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you!
Recently I’ve received quite a few nominations for different awards, which is why I want to say thank you to all of the lovely ladies who have nominated me for these awards but also to my amazing readers! I’ve only been blogging for a short time but all of you have made me feel so welcomed in the beauty blogger community and given me great support – it means a lot to me, so thank you to each and everyone of you!
I would love to be able to answer all of your questions, but that would mean a lot of awards posts, and I don’t do them that often (if you would like a Q&A please let me know)! I just wanted to say that even though I might not dedicate a post to that award I do go and check out all of your posts and appreciate every single nomination.
Anyway, now that my thank you is out of the way I’m going to be answering some questions from the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
I’ve been nominated three times for this, first by Ashley from Beautyjunkiezz, then by Mimi from Beautyandmi and finally Alice from Strange Made Me. All of these girls have amazing blogs so do go and check them out!
Here’s the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions that they have left you (I’ll answer Alice’s seeing as she nominated me most recently!)
- Nominate ten people
- Think of ten questions to ask your nominees
I’ll go ahead and answer Alice’s questions now!
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I’ve been into makeup since the age of about 9 or 10 – I used to play about with a bit of mascara or powder – but the time when I really got into it and started wearing it everyday was when I was 12. I didn’t go crazy with it, but I did wear it most of the time.
2. Would you ever buy a high end makeup product without reading a review?
Yes! If I saw it in store and liked it, I just feel like I’ve got my own opinion and I’ve seen it with my own eyes and swatched it onto my own skin then I know whether I like it or not.
3. When was the last time that you had a makeup stash clear-out?
Oh, I can’t even remember! The thing is, I can’t stand the look of empty containers, so I’ll fill them up with products that I don’t even use or should probably be in the bin, because I love the look of a massive makeup stash!
4. What is the oldest item in your makeup stash, and how long has it been there for?
Probably my Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer! That thing has been in my stash for I don’t know how long. It was one of the first concealers that I bought, but I kept buying more and preferring them so it kind of got left out. It’s very nearly gone though – I think I’ll be able to get one or two more uses out of it before it ends up in an empties post!
5. Favourite item of clothing and why?
Either my Mango jumper or my PUMA Suede shoes – I wear those trainers to DEATH, I tell you.
6. What do you have a habit of buying even though you have plenty already?
Eyeshadow and lipstick 🙂 – I have about a million and one lip products and my eyeshadow addiction is getting out of control as well! There’s just so many gorgeous colours that I can’t control myself haha.
7. When it comes to lips what do you go for? e.g. nude, crazy, vampy
I either play it safe with a toffee nude or I go for a fuchsia pink, because I think that they suit my hair colour and skin tone best!
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
A FEW. That’s all I’ll say, because I am NOT going to round them all up and count them
9. What was the last beauty product that you used up?
My Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner, which dried up when I’d only used it a few times :(.
10. What’s the most expensive piece of makeup you’ve bought and was it worth the purchase?
For what it is my most expensive item is probably my YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick, in Peach Passion. I personally feel like they are worth the price because I wear mine quite a lot and you get a good amount of product!
I nominate these lovely ladies:
These are my questions for you!
1. You have to throw away all of your makeup apart from one brand. Which brand do you keep?
2. When you’re in the drugstore which counter do you go to first?
3. What is your favourite quote?
4. Any makeup dupes?
5. What’s your favourite time of the year?
6. Do you have a lucky number?
7. Why do you blog?
8. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
9. Patterned leggings – yay or nay?
10. Do you prefer a pinky-nude or a peachy-nude?
That’s all from me now! I can’t wait to hear your answers! Make sure to leave them in a link in the comments so I can read them.
I also wanted to say a huge thank you to Chloe over at chlo3turner and also blogofasimplegirl for nominating me for the Leibster Award, and lovely Amy at DancinginDior for tagging me in her About Me post. It means a lot!
As I mentioned I might be doing a Q&A, so if you’d like that please let me know in the comments! Leave any questions there too, or email me.