Hi everyone! Hope you’re all doing well.
Today is a review of a palette that I’ve raved about for a very long time… And for some reason, never reviewed or gone into depth about. It’s the MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette, which is supposed to be a dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked Palette.
1. PACKAGING AND PRICE
To start with, I’ll talk about packaging. It comes in a plastic tray with a lid that *clicks* shut (so satisfying). It also comes with one of those spongy applicator thingys, but I’ve thrown that out because I never used it and it just fell out every time I opened the palette. It needed to go!
The price of this is £4. £4. What?!
As for the product, you get 12 eyeshadows – 3 matte and 9 shimmer. They’re all very neutral shades, no bright greens or oranges in here! I’ll go through each shade:
1. Matte pale pink: I really like this shade. It’s nice to wash all over the lid to add a little bit of something on lazy days, and looks perfect highlighting the inner corners!
2. Shimmer pink-champagne: My favourite shade out of the entire palette! Amazing pigmentation, and it compliments my eye colour really nicely. It also looks gorgeous paired with my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold.
3. Matte beige: Not so fond of this one. It’s very chalky and dusty and just looks messy on my lids.
4. Shimmer pale bronze: If you want to create a simple smoky eye this is perfect for over the lid! It’s gorgeous and lasts really well too.
5. Matte pale brown: Again, because it’s matte I’m not a fan of the formulae – a bit chalky. I also find that both this and the beige matte look pretty much identical when they’re swatched.
6. Shimmer gold: Although I don’t wear gold on my eyes too often, this is really well pigmented and looks beautiful smudged under the lower lashline for a pop of sparkle.
7. Shimmer bronze: I really enjoy pairing this with shade 4 to create a simple smoky eye! It lasts for so long and the shimmer really shows through on the lids to bring light to the eyes and make them look larger.
8. Shimmer dark bronze: I didn’t realise how gorgeous this shade was until I swatched it! I’ll definitely be wearing this more through the colder months.
9. Shimmer plum: This is another favourite of mine! It works really well with shade 2 for a pink-plum smoky eye, and it’s well pigmented.
10. Shimmer cool-toned bronze: This is very similar to shade 8 but with a cool undertone instead of a warm one.
11. Shimmer grey-blue: Seeing as I prefer neutrals, I very rarely use this shade seeing as it’s a kind of charcoal grey with blue running through it. It’s great quality, but it’s just not my colour!
12.Shimmer silver-blue: Although I don’t wear this one much either, it’s a muted, more neutral blue shade and it’s possibly the most pigmented out of the whole palette. I’m going to make an effort to wear this one more!
Here they are swatched:
3. WOULD I RECOMMEND?
Yes, yes, yes! If you’re after an affordable palette, which this is, but that’s still amazing quality, I’d highly recommend you checking it out! MUA have different palettes too – some brighter, some more pink-toned etc, so there’s bound to be one you like!
That’s all from me! x