Today we’re taking it old school by looking at the eye makeup I’ve been enjoying to sport recently – and yes, it’s using my beloved Naked palette.
When I first purchased and got excited about this very sshhbeauty-appropriate palette in this post a couple of you requested some makeup looks using it, and I’m finally getting round to granting your wishes.
Of course summer makeup tends to be fresh, airy, dewy, light, but I also think a rich smoky eye can really transform your whole look. That’s what I’ve been craving and creating on my eyes over the past week or so.
Anyway, enough of the rambles – you all just want to see it, so let’s get going!
So here’s the eye look I created – quite a lot of stuff there, loaded onto my lids, so obviously if I’m chilling in the garden I wouldn’t wear it, but I’m talking about if I’m out shopping or having a meal.
I’ll get onto the products I used to create this rich chocolate smoky eye!
- Firstly I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze – a new purchase for me so it may be making an appearance in a haul very soon *cough maybe this weekend cough* but I am obsessed with it. Beautiful alone, but also beautiful as a base. I just smoothed this onto the lid with my finger.
- Then onto the Naked palette – I only used a few shades. They’re marked with a ‘*’ on the picture above (scroll up to see).
- I started off by packing Sidecar, aka my favourite shade in the palette, all over the lid with my finger. This is basically On and On Bronze in powder form so they pair perfectly.
- I then took Smog into the crease with a fluffy blending brush (the Angled Shadow Brush from Real Techniques, to be precise).
- Into my very outer corner I used Darkhorse on a Base Shadow Brush and also took this under the lower lashline.
- I then pressed a little Virgin into my inner corner (not shown on the photos but it’s a matte pale pink).
- I then took MAC’s Aloe Vera and Vitamin E Eyeliner in the black shade on my tightline and waterline.
- For that sassy catflick I used the Cat Eye Pen in Blackest Black from Zoeva.
- And then to top off the look I layered two mascaras: the GlamLASH from Laura Geller and the Maybelline Lash Sensational. And hell-o gorgeous eyelashes – they’re tickling my eyebrows!
And that, ladies and gents, is the way I created the rich chocolate eye that I’ve been absolutely loving recently. It’s not as difficult as it first looks, right?
Do you have a staple eye product?
Hope your week’s got off to a beautiful start!